Sunday, October 24, 2010

First Post

Thomas Pridgen, professional drummer


So I decided to finally make the dive and join the musical 'blogosphere'. I think ever since I graduated from college and I don't have my radio show any more, I needed a viable medium to talk about music. And like I always said on my show, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have doing it. Here's a little insight on what is to come.

As you know, the year is almost coming to an end, and music blogs all across the globe are prepping for their 'Top Ten Albums of the Year' lists, and I will be no different in that aspect. So expect that, and hopefully some of your favorites from this year are the same and also different than mine. 

The real big thing is this: an interview with former drummer of the The Mars Volta, Thomas Pridgen. No joke. Got to talk to him at a drum clinic this past week in Marietta, Ga and was more than glad to do one. So I'm real excited about and hopefully it comes through. 

Shows coming up in Atlanta, Athens, Savannah, etc. and festivals abroad will also be showcased on here. As those who know me know I love live shows. Just absolutely love them. 

To the right is my blog roll of all the blogs I read regularly, so definitely check them out as some of them are fantastic music and art blogs. Also to the right is a list of independent and semi-independent record labels around the globe that I really love and respect and they deserve all the support they can get. So check the links out and discover some new music. 

Well I guess that's it for an introductory blog post. Also don't hesitate to leave your own blogs on here, because the more blogs to check out, the better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment